Friday, September 21, 2007

The very best food....

A few months ago (it's sad, but I don't actually remember the month, let alone the day), Zee and I picked up a "grow your own radish" kit from Target. I bought it on a whim, and what a lovely project it turned out to be! Zee helped me plant the seeds in the tiny terra cotta pot, and together we watered them daily. Within days, we had sprouts! After a few weeks, the sprouts outgrew the tiny pot, so I transplanted them into a window planter, where they grew and flourished for months. J finally convinced me that it was time to pick them. I don't know why I was so reluctant.... Perhaps it was because I like seeing a growing, living Zee and Mommy project, or perhaps it is the way that Zee lovingly caressed her "fow-ers" (flowers).

I finally decided to pull the two surviving radishes today, since we now have some gorgeous peanut plants that need the space. But alas, they are now free of their earthy prison. So freshly picked that the earthy clings to their tender roots yet....

0 comments: