Sunday, September 9, 2007

Blessings

One of my very favorite moments of the day is when I check on Zee just before I go to bed. What a beautiful, peaceful sight. Zee goes to bed fairly early in the evening, so I like to see her just once more before I go to my own bed. When I open the door and spy my sweet darling curled up in her bed...oh, my heart aches with the perfectness of it. God surely knew what He was doing when He created such a sweet little being. And to think she's all mine and J's! She is so peaceful when she is sleeping, a big difference from the rambunctious toddler she is during the waking hours. Her little sleeping body just begs to be picked up and cuddled right then and there. I have no idea where the strength to hold myself back comes from. After watching my sleeping angel for a minute, I always give her a soft kiss on the forehead and whisper my love to her. Then J and I look at each other in wonder at the grace God has bestowed us. Is there any better way to end the night?

0 comments: