Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Gift

Happy Mother's Day!

J and I have had a simple day, which suits me much more than a big celebration. The neatest thing happened too! I'll try to post a video of it, but I'm technologically challenged, so it may not work.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


I think that'll work ;).

As I was cooking dinner, I asked J to take Zee outside to spread old bread for the birds (something my mother taught me to do). Since Zee loves being outdoors, I figured that this would give her a little one-on-one time with her daddy, as well as give me some uninterrupted time to cook. It was the sweetest thing to see the man I love playing with the child we made. As J was tossing the bread, Zee was tossing pebbles, which seems to be her favorite activity lately. After they were done, they came inside just in time to eat dinner. About ten minutes later, I happened to glance out the back window and saw a dog in our backyard. But a strange-looking dog...a fox! I was in awe that a fox was in our backyard. I pointed and told J to look, and he urged me to get the camera. The fox could sense that we were there, so he kept leaving and then returning, very cautious. Zee saw him return once, and she pointed out the window and said, "Oggie!" She was so excited to see him, too. He seemed to enjoy the old bread. I had meant it for the birds, but I'm so pleased that a fox enjoyed it as well! He was very brazen for a wild animal, so I suspect that he has been to our yard before, perhaps for Moose's food. I hope to see him again, though. It was as fine a gift as any for Mother's Day.

0 comments: